What is Twin Size Mattress?
Twin size mattress are among the most popular bedding on the market today. Popularly known as single bed, a twin size mattress is the best option for children, twins, and average-sized adult. Measuring 39 inches wide and 75 to 80 inches long, the mattress is commonly found in guest houses, hospital rooms, dormitories, and homes that have small bedrooms. As small as they are, twin size mattresses are among the most comfortable and best selling options in the market today. They do have a few limitations, but the advantages far outweigh the drawbacks.
Types of Twin Size Mattresses
Twin size is a standard mattress that measures 39 inches long and 75 inches long. It is the most common option out there, and it is often used by kids and teens. Apart from the comfort they offer, they take up less space and it is a good option for people that have little space for a sleeping area. When it comes to cost, they are relatively cheaper than the twin XL mattresses.
Pros of Twin Mattress
- They are relatively cheaper than the XL models, so they are ideal for people that have a limited budget.
- Since twin mattresses are five inches less in length, they are the best option for people that have limited space.
- They are durable; kids, teens, and adults can use them for a long time before there is a need for an upgrade.
Con of Twin Mattress
- The twin mattress is five inches less in length. So while it is a good option for any single sleeper, it is not going to be of much help to a taller person.
- A twin mattress measures 39 inches in width, which is a relatively small measurement. As such, it is not a good option for couples.
Twin XL Mattress
Twin XL mattress is an alternative option to the twin. While the width of both versions of the mattress is the same, the length l is completely. The XL is 5 inches longer than the twin mattress, which is exactly why it is a suitable option for tall people. This mattress can be used by kids, teenagers, as well as adults who are not more than 80 inches tall.
Pros of Twin XL Mattress
- Since they are 5 inches longer, the twin XL mattresses are the best option for tall people who are looking for single sleeper mattresses.
- They are designed to last for a very long time. As such, kids, teens, and average sized adults can use the twin XL mattresses for more than a year before thinking Of an upgrade.
Cons of Twin XL Mattress
- They are very expensive. So you will need to spend some extra bucks for a twin XL mattress compared to the twin mattress.
- They take up extra space in the sleep area, so they are not the best option for people that are limited on space.
- It is not an ideal option for couples.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I buy twin or twin XL mattress?
It depends on your height. If you are a short person, or you have an average height, a twin mattress should be more than enough. But if you have a height between 75 inches and 80 inches, then you should consider a twin XL mattress.
- Can I share a twin mattress with my partner?
No, you cant share a twin size mattress with your partner. Note that the mattress has a width of 39 inches, which is quite small. Two small kids could actually share this mattress, but it is not recommended for couples.